Wednesday, January 19, 2011

241.4 - Well, briefly anyway...

So I got down to 241.4 but now I’m back up to 243.4. How does one gain 2 lbs in 2 days? Super frustration has set in. I am having a lot of trouble staying on track in the evenings. It all started on Sunday when we went for lunch with my in-laws. I had a grilled chicken salad and diet coke, but then they bring out this double-fudge cookies & cream cake. Not just a piece, the whole damn cake. So I had a small piece, and then they made me take the rest home. And, with cake being my weakness, I’ve been nibbling at it. I know, I should just throw it out or give it away, but I can’t bring myself to do that. There’s about ¼ of the cake left and it’s now sitting in my freezer, way at the back where I can’t see it. Not sure what I’m saving it for. It’s weird. It’s my birthday tomorrow and we’re going to my parents for dinner. My mom said she’s going to get a cake. Maybe I’ll whip up a low carb cheesecake tonight and we can have that instead! We are also going out to dinner on Friday with a bunch of friends. It's gonna be REALLY hard to stay on track this week. I’ve started doing a Dr. Bernstein type diet. Basically low carb, low fat, low calorie – yes, I’m starving. But if I stick to it, I can lose 3-5 lbs a week, which is exactly what I need. I leave for Mexico in 58 days and ideally would like to be under 200, but I’m not holding my breath for that. I’d be happy to be under 220. Well, not happy, but I’ll take it. So I need to step up the exercise and get serious with my eating.

No comments: