Monday, January 03, 2011

255 - 5 years later, still in the same place

Wow. I totally forgot about this blog. But it's still here! It's been 5 YEARS since I last wrote. A LOT has changed in that time. I am still happily married to the love of my life, and we have two beautiful daughters, ages 2 and 4. Weight wise, I am pretty much exactly where I was 5 years ago, but the bulges are in different places (thanks kids). I am again on the weight loss bandwagon, and it's more than a resolution. We are taking a family trip to Mexico in 10 weeks and I will be damned if I am going to be this fat when we leave. My goal is to be down 30 lbs in the next 10 weeks. So the plan is to cut down on carbohydrates and processed foods, eat more whole foods and try to get some exercise in. The exercise part is hard with 2 little kids, but hubby has agreed to help me out as much as possible. He has some weight to lose too, so we're going to make it a family effort. I've joined up with Jennie's Biggest Blogging Loser (#biggestbloggingloser) and I really, really, really want to win that jackpot. This Mexico trip is completely out of our budget and we weren't even going to go, but my brother is getting married there and my family guilted us into it (and is also chipping in). So, that's it in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to a successful journey and hopefully getting and giving some support via the blogosphere.

No comments: