Wednesday, October 26, 2005

245

I suck. Yesterday I did really well up until the evening. I walked in the morning, packed a good lunch, all was well. Then I got a sore throat in the late afternoon, and just could not motivate myself to go to Curves. I decided to go grocery shopping instead. No biggie, then hubby calls me while I’m shopping and informs me that he’s made plans for us to go watch the hockey game at the pub. Doh! So I checked out my groceries and met him at the pub. I drank only diet Coke and water, but nibbled a bit – two bites of his clubhouse, a few sips of his soup, and one chicken wing. Got home about 7:30 and got a BAD case of the munchies. Had 6 meatballs with teriyaki sauce, and 3 chocolate chip cookies. Damn, what is WRONG with me? Why couldn’t I have just ordered a salad at the pub and been done with it? I was trying to be good and not eat, but I should know by now that it will just lead to a binge later. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Then I spent most of the night coughing and decided this morning that toast with low-carb peanut butter and jam would make me feel better. Um, not really. But it was good! I also have a dinner meeting tonight after work, so will be eating sandwiches, salad and ‘assorted squares’ for dinner. Gotta stay away from the squares. But I will get back on track tomorrow. I think I’m going to go back to a South Beach type plan – eggs & salsa for breakfast, salad for lunch, chicken & veg for dinner. And LOTS of walking. Lots. Maybe 90 to 120 minutes a day. I might try and set a goal of 500 minutes of walking per week. I can do that, right? I still want to see 240 by the weekend, so I have to get my ass in gear.

1 comment:

Tersie said...

Hey Kim - I like the idea of a south beach type diet. I did that a couple of years ago and even though I didn't stick completely to the diet, there are parts of it that I still stick to today - like no white bread, white rice, etc. I very rarely eat red any more either. I hope you're doing well with it!